Thursday, July 7, 2011

How was your fourth of July weekend??? I would love to know! Mine was AWESOME!

My uncle and cousin came to town. For the first time in a long time I got to spend the weekend in the pool.

We played pool-ball. My brother and I made it up a while back. It's a ball hitting game. We have something like 25 beach balls of different sizes and an Underwater Skateboard that we used as a bat. I'm sure you could use a mini skim board, basically anything that you can hold and swing easily and that won't break. There was 5 of us in the pool. 1 batter, 1 pitcher and 3 "fielders".

Set an agreed upon foul line that the balls have to land past to get a point. (since we were in an enclosed area we set a point of the ladder in the deep end & the balls had to land outside of the pool on the deck to be counted as a run. We also had a big ring float that we set up as a grand slam - hit the ball thru the float and get 4 runs. And obviously when someone catches the ball its an out. You can play two separate ways, you can do a repetitive cycle of hitters or you can play like we did this weekend; whoever catches the third out gets to go up to bat.

The entire point of the game is to get the most amount of runs. It was a lot of fun! It got a bit competitive though, so it's best not to have the little little ones in the pool.

The hubby and myself made sure before everyone started playing pool-ball we all had fun with the baby in the big pool, and in her little kiddie pool too. It tuckered her out and she went down for a nap just in time for me to be able to join the game with the guys.

I love how much fun baby girl has in the water. It's always so much fun.


I love her so much!

Bot other than that it was a pretty low-key weekend.

Family game night. A birthday cake for my uncle. Saturday we had bbq ribs and potato salad. Sunday we had bbq chicken with a tossed salad. And Sunday we had steak and baked potatoes. It was delicious! My mom makes her own apricot bbq sauce, it's AMAZING.

Baby girl ate a diced up banana for the first time. (She's only ever had the Gerber bananas)  She LOVED them. She makes the funniest faces when she tries something new. She scrunches up her nose and looks at you with one of those "What the HECK momma!?!?!" looks. I have to tell her its yummy and then she decides that she likes it. lol

I found an amazing recipe over the weekend that I'm going to try out so I can share with you! And I also made pizza pinwheels. That's for a later date though. For now I'm gonna go cuddle up on my couch and watch a movie. Baby's fast asleep. Hubby's fast asleep. I can't sleep for the life of me. Maid In Manhattan anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment